KB Health Primary Care Clinic provides healthcare to patients in the Kootenay Boundary Region who do not have a Family Doctor or Nurse Practitioner.
Our interdisciplinary clinic team is committed to providing patient-centred and culturally safe care, while supporting patients to eventually find a permanent healthcare provider close to their home community.
KB Health Online Clinic is now KB Health Primary Care Clinic. Our team of health care providers see patients both virtually and in person, so our new name reflects the full scope of primary care we are providing to patients in Kootenay Boundary.
Information For Patients
Please note, we do not accept new patients directly. All new patients come through the Health Connect Registry (HCR), a provincial waitlist for patients without a primary care provider.
Once you have registered with the Health Connect Registry (HCR), you will be contacted when a provider in your area becomes available. This may be with our clinic or it may be somewhere else. Please note that the KB Health provides temporary support for patients until they can be permanently attached to a physical clinic in their home community.
Booking an Appointment
- Most KB Health appointments happen on the phone or by video. In cases when it’s important to see your healthcare provider in person, you can book an in-person appointment at a site in Nelson, Castlegar, or Trail.
- Existing patients: please book your appointment on the Patient Dashboard
- New patients: All new patients must first register or be referred to the Health Connect Registry (HCR), a provincial waitlist for patients without a primary care provider (Family Physician or Nurse Practitioner).If you do not currently have a primary care provider and would like one, please register for the HCR online or by calling 8-1-1.
In Case of an Emergency
Our clinic does not provide emergency services.
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to your local Emergency Department.
Check out this resource to help determine when to seek out emergency vs. non-emergency care.
- Most KB Health appointments happen on the phone or by video. In cases when your provider requests to see you in person, you will be able to book an appointment at a site in Nelson, Castlegar, or Trail.
- If you are feeling unwell and show any COVID-19 symptoms (including fever, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste and/or smell, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat or runny nose) please let us know so we can make arrangements to see you while keeping everyone safe.
- If you have been in contact with a positive COVID-19 case within the last 14 days, we ask that you let us know prior to any in-person visits so we can make appropriate arrangements
- Masking is optional for in-person visits. We also ask that you come alone or with only one support person (if necessary) in order to limit the number of people in our office.
- For general questions about COVID protocols, you can also call 1-888-268-4319 or text 604-630-0300 or HealthLink BC at 811 anytime.
- If you have symptoms and need to be tested for COVID please book online via the Interior Health website.
- In order to update our immunization records, we will ask about your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Main reception hours are Monday to Thursday 8:30-noon and 1:30-4:30pm.
We are closed on statutory holidays.
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Phone: 778-364-1315 (toll free 1-855-999-3272)
Our interdisciplinary clinic team collaborates to provide patient-centred, culturally safe care.