Extreme Weather Preparedness
KB Health cares about the health and safety of our patients. We want to support our patients to be prepared for any weather induced emergency situation that may arise.
How can you prepare yourself for a potential emergency?
If you require critical medications and/or an inhaler, ensure that you have 3 months of your medication on hand. Please speak to your care provider about your prescription.
How is the clinic prepared to support you?
In case of a weather related emergency, our clinic is prepared to increase the availability of same-day appointments, provide check-ins for high risk patients, and identify and share resources for support in your community.
In preparation for a possible emergency, Patients with mobility issues are encouraged to review the Emergency Preparedness Guide for People with Special Needs/Disabilities.
In the event of an evacuation order, we may provide emergency responders with your contact information if we have concerns about your safety and we have your consent.
- VoyentAlert! registration
- Regional District’s Emergency Operations:
- Government of Canada “Get Prepared”
- Government of Canada “Emergency Preparedness Guide”
- Government of Canada “Emergency Preparedness Guide for people with special needs/disabilities”
- Emergency Management BC
- Emergency Management Financial Supports
- Emergency Kit List
- Home Preparedness Guide
- Home Preparedness Workbook
- Preparedness Guides for specific weather events: